Saturday, January 19, 2008

I may not survive the term...

I got my uni stuff for this semester the other day. I'm just doing the one unit - "The Swinging Sixties: the 1960s in Britain, America and Australia", sounds really interesting and as I work through my first reading (see, I'm a good girl, getting a head start!) it is interesting and I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy the work.

What I will not enjoy though is the assignment load - one 1000 word essay, one 3000 word essay and an exam in which I have to write three essays! Oi, oi, oi....

I haven't been as knitting productive as normal today, just haven't been much in the mood. A lot going on on the homefront and prorities sadly meant that knitting was not high on the agenda. However, I did finish off another headband, a cabledone this time and I love the pattern and the process of it, but sadly the colour doesn't suit me :( So, I've dug deep in the stash and found a more agreeable colour and will start work on it once my bright yellow woven headband is done in a couple of days! I'll put up a pic tomorrow of today's FO.

Did you like my Jane Austen character last night? I thought it was pretty well suited. I've been in love with Austen's books ever since I had to study Pride and Prejudice in high school. Something about her heroines that I click with.

No comments: