Sunday, January 6, 2008

Plotting

I finally finished the front of the jumper last night and immediately cast on for the sleeves. I'm trying something new this time doing them both at the same time on a circ. I'm liking it at this stage, it means I wont have to worry about whether they'll match like I do when I do them separately. Once the sleeves are done I do the collar and then sew up - I'm hoping it'll be done by the end of the week!

Once the jumper is out of the way I'm planning on casting on for what will be my first foray into interlac (and where I also finally learn what the big hype over i-cord is): http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTquant.html

And then I've got a BIG project in mind. It's been lurking there a while now, ever since I saw the absolutely gorgeous blanket made dfrom squares donated through the Mason-Dixon Knitting blog - http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2007_12.html#002292

In honour of my Dad's 50th (which may or may not have been in 2007, and which may or may not be in 2008 - it is NOT my fault that I can't remember his birthday, he's spent the last 15 years training me to forget and now suddenly he wants me to remember!!!) I would like to make him a blanket. And so, soon the beginning of the process will begin.

Mum's 50th is also creeping up on me and while I was browsing through the blogs the other week I saw a gorgeous pattern for a shawl called Pretty as a Peacock. However, it wasn't until I saw Paradise Found's latest FO photos that I was overwhelmed by the urge to knit this lovely shawl. You can see her pics here: http://paradisefoundkerrie.blogspot.com/2008/01/fo-pretty-as-peacock.html. This is now earmarked as my lace project for 2008 as a future gift for my mum.

I spent much of today knitting, and plotting in my little head about future projects knitting and non knitting - I seriously need to convince hubby to help bring in my sewing desk tomorrow. It's been disgustingly hot after all our recent rain so sitting under a fan has been a survival technique - hence small projects currently.

We did go to town and see P.S. I Love You the movie. I want to read the book, but there's a waiting list at the local library presently and I can't find it in any bookstores just at the moment. It's an absolutely gorgeous storyline and there were definite teary moments.

No pics today I'm afraid, maybe tomorrow.

No comments: