Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wet, Wet, Wet

Well, after years of very little rain a week of wet and wild weather makes for a welcome change. However it has left many of us unprepared for coping with extended periods of such weather.

Twice this week I have made plans without considering the weather. The first was to meet my mates and hit the local markets. Wonderful idea...unless it's absolutely pouring and the entire town has sold out of ponchos! We still had an absolute blast - ducking and weaving (and more than a little splashing!) our way through the stalls. Was very good to catch up with them.

That market could be a dangerous place for me - so many lovely things to buy! But today (in keeping with my determination to try and be better with my money) I was pretty good. I had hoped to stumble upon some funky wool stall - but I'm afraid that such a meca was not to be found. Instead we found these absolutely gorgeous wrap skirts with screen printed panels taken from various art works (a lot of Asian ones, but some gorgeous ones by Dali and Monet too). I couldn't resist and came home with:

Photobucket

When I got home it was time for some running repairs. There's been so much rain a lot of the watercourses are clogged and so the driveway was literally a creek bed:

Photobucket Good thing we own a 4X4!

So, a little waterway diverting was in order:

Photobucket Photobucket

Whilst the construction was underway I wandered about taking pics of my feet in the conditions:

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: