Saturday, January 5, 2008

Letting it rip ...again...ARGH!

I have no had to rip large sections of the front of the baby jumper THREE times!!!! I just keep making the stupidest mistakes, it's beginning to frustrate me

Anyway, I have other things to distract me.

Photobucket

A little light reading that has to get done before the end of my holidays. I wasn't able to get all of them, there are 4-5 I have to source from elsewhere, but this is a good start, don't you think?

I read "Walking Naked" by Alison Brugman from that pile last night (well finished it off this morning), it was really good. Very powerful, a very real depiction of bullying and its consequences. Hubby has started "The Wave" by Morton Rhue, which is about an in class experiment exploring Nazism going very very wrong and spreading into the school community. I'm really interested in reading that one, it's based on a real event apparently. And I've just picked up "No Worries" by Bill Condon, so far it's good. A very realistic main teenage male character, so we'll see how it pans out.

Because of all the ripping back there's not a lot to show for all my knitting of the last couple of days (how annoying!), but another book purchase yesterday reminds me not to hate knitting, no matter how rough it may get:

Photobucket

"Knitting Rules!" by Yarn Harlot! I've coveted this book secretly for a while now and when I saw it on the shelf I couldn't resist any longer! It's very funny and easy to read and is full to the brim with fabulous information. It'll be something I'll dip into time and time again for many years to come I'm sure.

In parting today, can I just take the time to thank Donna who apporved my membership to the Aussie and NZ Knitters webring while on holidays in the USA. Wooohooo! I'm a member of the ring now *happy dance*

No comments: