Thursday, January 3, 2008

A short one today

We did four hours at the animal shelter this morning - hard work, tiring work, but it was good and it's definitely going to be something we do again.

After my early morning and hard labour what better way to spend a rainy afternoon than this:

Photobucket

I holed up in the spare room (tentatively my craft room at present) with a hot tea, the cat and my knitting. I plugged my ipod in with my fav podcasts on, watched the rain and got lost in the stockingnette stitch of the front of the shawl collar baby jumper. I actually had to rip all 17" out the other day - silly me miscounted the cast on...I do that far too often, so today I managed to almost get back to where I was before that disaster became obvious. So my afternoon was quiet, peaceful and good for the soul.

No comments: